martes, 2 de agosto de 2011

Why Plus Size Individuals Need Plus Size Trainers

On thing that has always intrigued me about exercising is that when a big person such as myself gets motivated to go to the gym the person that will be assigned to help me out is at least one hundred pounds lighter than me. What if you could have a personal trainer that is your size and can relate to the trials of working out and just living with a few extra pounds. Rynell Jackson, President of Fully Figured Out tells her personal story of working out and the great idea of being a plus size trainer.
As President/CEO of Fully Figured Out, I wanted to add something else to the organization. We are a social group for women to escape from the everyday stress & struggles of being full figured. We were on the right track but by listening to my members and asking them what are they looking for in a women’s group. The overwhelming response was to help with health/weight issues. With having some health issues myself I wanted to personally be able to help the ladies.
I did some research on plus size trainers and I came up with ”Nothing’…Now don’t get me wrong there are trainers who only work with plus size people, I could not find much on a plus size trainers at all.  This is one of the many misconceptions that I want to change about full figured people.
I am proud to say that I am a PST (Plus Size Trainer) at a fitness gym for women in Southfield, MI. In the last 3 months I have lost 42lbs. Not because I want to be ‘skinny’ but because I want to be healthy. In January 2009 I will be attending school to complete a degree in Fitness Leadership!
It’s awesome to love yourself no matter what size you are, but let’s be realistic there are health issues that come with being full figured. I know what it’s like to want to go to the gym and workout but you feel uncomfortable about your size you just don’t go, or to have a trainer put you on a Elliptical machine and tell you to stay on there for 5 minutes and you have never done that before…I know what it’s like to have a ‘skinny’ trainer in your face telling you give them 10 more!
I feel comfortable and confident with helping women of size workout because I am still plus size but healthier then ever!! I am looking for support from everyone, if you have any questions or comments please e-mail me at rjackson@fullefiguredout.com
Love You All,
Ms. Rynell Jackson, PST
President/CEO
Website: www.fullefiguredout.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario