jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2011

'It's impossible to find clothes that fit': Bridesmaids star Melissa McCarthy to end big fashion dilemma with her own plus-size line




Melissa McCarthy is set to launch her own clothing line for plus-size women, the Bridesmaids actress has revealed.
The 41-year-old says she is fed up of struggling to find fashionable clothes to fit her and even had to resort to designing her own dress for the recent Emmy Awards.
'Trying to find stuff that's still fashion-forward in my size is damn near impossible,' McCarthy tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Frustrated: Melissa McCarthy ended up helping to design her own dress for the Emmy Awards earlier this month after trying on 'nine million' ill-fitting options
Frustrated: Melissa McCarthy ended up helping to design her own dress for the Emmy Awards earlier this month after trying on 'nine million' ill-fitting options
The mother-of-two - who won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in the sitcom Mike & Molly - says she had to go through '9 million dresses with taffeta or shiny bows,' in search for something to wear to the Hollywood ceremony.
Cover girl: The Bridesmaids and Mike and Molly star revealed her plans to design a plus-size clothing range in the new issue of the Hollywood Reporter
Cover girl: The Bridesmaids and Mike and Molly star revealed her plans to design a plus-size clothing range in the new issue of the Hollywood Reporter
After finding nothing that she liked McCarthy teamed up with couture dressmaker Daniella Pearl to create her own.
Unlike her cousin and former Playboy Playmate of the Year Jenny McCarthy, the actress is not known for having a svelte figure.
In Mike & Molly she plays a schoolteacher who falls in love with a fellow member of Overeaters Anonymous.
But McCarthy says she spends little time worrying about her figure, especially since giving birth to her second child, 18-month-year-old Georgette.
'The stupid stuff like what I wear or how I look I can't control,' she says, 'so I just try not to give much energy to it.
'At 20, I would have been like: "Don't they like me? Was it my hair?"
'At 41, I think the things that define me, I hope, are a lot more than those kind of petty things.'
Instead McCarthy tells the showbiz trade paper that she is still overwhelmed by the acclaim and opportunities that have come her way since appearing in the hit comedy Bridesmaids.
When she was asked to become a guest host of the skit show Saturday Night Live, the actress says her friend thought something terrible had happened.
McCarthy was shopping with Bridesmaids co-writer Annie Mumolo when she received the phone call that she will be presenting this weekend.
'I went into such an embarrassing, weird, inappropriately loud cry,' she says of her reaction in a furniture store.
'Annie was running in circles.
'She thinks something horrible is happening because I'm bent over, literally, in the rug section of Living Spaces wailing.'
Mumolo agrees, saying: 'I thought someone had died.'
When she won the Emmy Award McCarthy worried that she would embarrass herself on live TV.
'I remember my knees went first,' she says.
'And I thought: "Oh God, please don't fall down. Just keep upright. You're in a dress. Your mum and dad are watching.'"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario