lunes, 20 de febrero de 2012

LATINAS INSPIRE: Dary-Lee Lander




Name: Dary-Lee Lander
Hometown: Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
Education: Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice and a Minor in Psychology.
Profession/Career: Business Woman and a Personal Trainer
Web site: http://curviliciousfashionistapr.blogspot.com
When you were a child, what did you want to be when you “grew up?”
As a child, I was always interested in criminal investigations and I wanted to be a lawyer, model, actress, and dancer. It’s something that I have been getting gradually.
Where were you born and where did you grow up for the most part of your life?
Born in Puerto Rico, lived several years in New Jersey but I get back to the island, I got married 5 years ago and currently live in Barranquitas, Puerto Rico town that is located in the center of the island surrounded by mountains and beautiful nature.
What has been the “proudest” moment in your life”
Wow It’s hard to choose one.Several times I felt proud, but the most is when I started doing what I really like that is to help girls and curvy latina achieve their goals and seeing them realize their dreams.
What does being a Latina woman mean to you?
I’m Boricua so we have salsa (music, rhythm) in our blood that spice and being Latina makes me feel super proud of my roots and where I come from . Celebrating everywhere I go.
What advice do you have for today’s young Latinas?
Educate themselves and if they have a dream that only they will be able to achieve working hard and looking forward. Be proud of their roots and be believe on themselves.
What Latina in your life has been a major inspiration and role model?
Definitely my mother she put aside her career for giving us a good education and take us forward. And all Latina that fights for what they wants without fear of falling and rising with its head held high are admirable.
What is your favorite quote or saying that you live by in life?
Don’t dream it, be it.
If there was one experience in your life that you could do over, what is it and what would it be?
Would return to participate in the contest Bold & Beautiful Puerto Rico where I won the crown, was a dream come true. Being Plus girl we find many stereotypes that a queen, model, actress should be in a way that society itself has created. But we are breaking that stereotype giving to the world a revolution of curves and found a voice that is heard around the world.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself being a mother and helping Plus girls like me to achieve their dreams. Taking the Bold & Beautiful contest to another level.
Name a fellow Latina, in your professional world, that inspires you. Why?
Supreme Court Judge Sonia Sotomayor is a great inspiration. Not just for being Latina and Puerto Rican is for being an example that if we want something in life you have to work hard.


http://blogsbylatinas.com/2012/02/latinas-inspire-dary-lee-lander.html#comment-478

2 comentarios:

  1. I like your style and attitude.
    I was taught to salsa in Brooklyn by Puerto Ricans but it was most definitely NOT in my blood.
    Hey, I tried, that's all we can do.
    David, NYC

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks David everything is about attitud. XOXO

    ResponderEliminar