viernes, 7 de octubre de 2011

Opinion: Life as a Plus-Size Model in Thinness-Obsessed Venezuela By Jennifer-Barreto-Leyva Published October 03, 2011 | Fox News Latino




When I took my first step into the fashion scene 15 years ago, I never imagined I would turn so many heads and change so many minds not just in my country, Venezuela, but worldwide.
All the things you’ve heard about my country are true – Venezuelan women are vain, and they’ll do whatever it takes to achieve perfection.
As an oversize model, I don’t believe in that concept at all.
“She is promoting obesity and un-healthy habits,” they used to say about me.
I would try to understand the attacks and hatred toward me and my work. At the same time, thousands of people were thrilled that finally someone was brave enough to publicly say: “I have curves and I’m proud of it."









Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2011/10/03/opinion-life-as-plus-size-model-in-thinness-obsessed-venezuela/#ixzz1a8SFwTta

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario